*Diese Seite existiert nur auf Englisch*
Join us! We are hiring a Learning Designer
Off-University. Organisation für den Frieden e.V. is a non-profit organisation committed to create new strategies to uphold and sustain academic life and knowledge threatened by anti-democratic and authoritarian regimes. It was established for and by academics from Turkey yet addresses itself to academics all over the world: academics who have been purged from their institutions, forced to resign, who are legally and politically persecuted and even imprisoned because of their opinion and research.
Located in Germany, Off-University offers researchers and students with limited opportunity to move around freely an occasion to participate in online education. Off-University combines the good old ideal of academic freedom with state-of-the-art digital communication and collaboration opportunities. Off-University’s mission is based on its commitment to peace in the world and to living together in diversity. It therefore seeks to develop emancipatory education-research activities that are less hierarchical and more democratic.
For the organisation and facilitation of our main activity – online courses taught by politically persecuted scholars – we are looking for a new Learning Designer to join our team for 13 hours/week from 15th January 2021 onwards. The contract will be limited to 9 months (15th January 2021 – September 2021). An extension of the working agreement depends on the financial means of the association.
The position is remunerated as a fully socially insured Midi-Job with a gross wage of 17,5€/hour. The working location is Berlin.
What will you be doing?
- Organisation and follow-up on the preparation of four online courses along the lines of the criteria defined by the host-university and Off-University
- Developing the instructional design together with the lecturers and improving online learning methods that foster interaction with the course participants
- Technical assistance of the courses throughout the semester on Off-University’s online learning platform Coworkingsquares
- Creation of the course pages on our website
- Take part in team meetings and contribute to the ongoing process of developing Off-University as an organisation
What do we require?
- Expertise in learning design (syllabus preparation) and online education and/or the ability to familiarise yourself with the topic quickly
- Fluency in English
- Good knowledge of the university system in Germany
- Working self-organised and team-oriented
- Conversational skills in German to communicate with host universities (not a must)
- Speaking an additional language (applications from Arabic speakers are highly welcome)
Please send us your CV and a short motivation letter to mail[at]off-university.de until 20th December 2020.