* Diese Seite existiert nur auf Englisch.*
Off-University. Organisation für den Frieden e.V. is a non-profit organisation committed to create new strategies to uphold and sustain academic life and knowledge threatened by anti-democratic and authoritarian regimes. It was established for and by academics from Turkey yet addresses itself to academics all over the world: academics who have been purged from their institutions, forced to resign, who are legally and politically persecuted, even imprisoned because of their opinion and research.
Located in Germany, Off-University offers researchers and students with limited opportunity to move around freely an occasion to participate in online education. Off-University combines the ideal of academic freedom with state-of-the-art digital communication and collaboration opportunities. Off-University’s mission is based on its commitment to peace in the world and to living together in diversity. It therefore seeks to develop emancipatory education-research activities that less hierarchical and more democratic.
For the coordination of the Office tasks we are looking for a coordinator to join our team on a regular basis for 22 hours/week from August 15th 2022 onwards. The contract will be limited to 11,5 months (15th August 2022 – 31st July 2023). The place of work is Berlin.
The position is remunerated as a fully socially insured employment with a monthly gross wage of about 1540 EUR.
What will you be doing?
You will be responsible for the general coordination and management of the ongoing activities of the organisation
- office organisation (communication with the payroll-accountant, overseeing the e-mail account mail[at]off-university.de, responding to mail correspondence, keeping the members & contact list of the association up-to-date)
- team organisation (holding weekly office-meetings & monthly evaluation meetings, developing common work goals & a fitting time-frame, keeping an eye on deadlines)
- coordination of the collaboration between employees, board and members of the association (facilitating organization of members' meetings/general assembly)
- writing & publishing bi-monthly newsletters with Mailchimp
- planning & realizing website content for https://off-university.com in cooperation with board and colleagues
- coordination of the outsourced platform development (communication with platform developers, trouble-shooting and emergency response in case of platform issues, developing a yearly working plan in cooperation with the board)
- writing narrative reports & coordinating financial reports for the projects
- Archiving and documenting the activities of the organisation
What do we require?
- previous experiences in project management & team coordination including narrative & financial reporting to German public institutions
- ability to work self-organised, but also team-oriented
- good communication skills
- experience in facilitation & moderation
- full professional proficiency in English and upper intermediate proficiency in German
- affinity and knowledge of team-management tools (such as trello) and content management systems, basic html is of advantage
- writing & editing skills
We encourage applications from all backgrounds and communities and are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences and abilities. We actively encourage structurally disadvantaged and disabled applicants who will be given priority provided they fulfil the above stated job requirements.
Please send us your CV and a short motivation letter to mail[at]off-university.de until July 28th 2022. Interviews will most likely take place in the first week of August.