Join us! We are hiring a fundraiser
Off-University. Organisation für den Frieden e.V. is a non-profit organisation committed to create new strategies to uphold and sustain academic life and knowledge threatened by anti-democratic and authoritarian regimes. It was established for and by academics from Turkey yet addresses itself to academics all over the world: academics who have been purged from their institutions, forced to resign, who are legally and politically persecuted, even imprisoned because of their opinion and research.
Located in Germany, Off-University offers researchers and students with limited opportunity to move around freely an occasion to participate in online education. Off-University combines the ideal of academic freedom with state-of-the-art digital communication and collaboration opportunities. Off-University’s mission is based on its commitment to peace in the world and to living together in diversity. It therefore seeks to develop emancipatory education-research activities that less hierarchical and more democratic.
For the coordination of fundraising inside the organisation and the writing of funding applications, we are looking for a fundraiser to join our team on a regular basis for 10 hours/week from 15th June 2022 onwards. The contract will be limited to 12 months (15th June 2022 – June 2023). The place of work is Berlin.
The position is remunerated as a fully socially insured employment with a monthly gross wage of about 700€.
What will you be doing?
- Compilation, coordination, survey and writing of project applications scheduled for 2022/2023 with the team at Off-University. Applications will be addressed among others to Erasmus+ and several political and academic institutions in Germany.
- Conference visits and seeking fundraising opportunities with representatives of the organization (e.g. members of the board)
- Advise representatives of the organization proactively in new funding opportunites at conferences or new funding applications
- Oversee a fund of up to 8000 Euro to commission applications to funding organizations that need specific expertise as identified by the team at Off-University
- Take part in team meetings regularly, contribute to the ongoing process of developing Off-University as an organisation and update the board regularly on the progress.
What do we require?
- Experience in writing funding applications, knowledge of the application process and project development
- Existing network of contacts with funding organizations relevant to the work of Off-University
- Fluency in English. Fluency in German would be of advantage
- Demonstrated ability to work in a self-organised and team-oriented way
Please send us your CV including credentials of former employers and a short motivation letter to info[at]off-university.de until 20th Mai 2022. June 6th 2022.
We encourage applications from all backgrounds and communities and are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences and abilities. We actively encourage structurally disadvantaged and disabled applicants who will be given priority provided they fulfil the above stated job requirements.